Sunday, November 6, 2011

Angels like you


Sometimes God sends angels that are on this side of the veil
To support and encourage me when I feel I will fail;
When everything before me is more than I can bear on my own,
Almost always you appear and I’m grateful I’m not alone.

A hug or a smile, a kind word or gentle touch,
Are so easy to give, and yet they mean so much.
The sacrifices you make give me strength to continue,
For despite your struggles I can see a light within you.

Life is a test given to help us to grow,
And through all of the struggles there is one thing I know:
Sometimes trials are to be faced alone, it is true,
But for now God has surrounded me by angels like you.

4 comments:

  1. We really need a better picture than this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know. I love that we're all in our pj's and it looks like we're pointing at Rebekah. As soon as we get a cute roommate picture I'll switch it out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful! So glad I'm your sister! There's more truth and light in this poem than you realize. I'd love to hear the story of how it was given to you...someday. Can't wait to see you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Liz, I didn't realize how much of a poet you are until I read your poems on this blog! You are amazing! I love you!

    ReplyDelete