Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Burning Meeting.......uhhhhh....I mean Fireside

Last Sunday we had the opportunity to attend a fireside at the Marriott Center with Elder Oaks and his wife as the speakers. We sat down by the Deaf/Hard of Hearing section so we could watch the interpreter. It was a lot of fun! I picked up some new vocabulary (such as tolerance and patience). Both talks were wonderful.

The closing hymn sung by the choir was "I believe in Christ". Watching the interpreter sign the song was beautiful. Afterward we went home to a wonderful meal that Alex cooked for us!

At the end of each day we have roommate prayer. I still remember when Rebekah, Alex, Destiny and I met so I could show them what the Alta apartments looked like. We gathered in the laundry room at the end to pray together about how we felt. Destiny said the prayer. I understood about 2%...maybe less. Now, with each of us taking turns praying, I understand closer to 95%.

After that we have a group hug (with Darci hitting all of our heads w/ her hand), followed by a cheer Destiny taught us. It wasn't until a week after we started the tradition that I realized the cheer involves our hands being in the "I love you" shape.

I love my roommates!

No comments:

Post a Comment