Tuesday, September 20, 2011

A wonderful, wonderful day!!

Today was Destiny's birthday!!! It was so much fun planning what we roommates could do for her!!!

This morning Alex, Rebekah, and I woke Destiny up by singing Happy Birthday to her, after which Alex and I promptly left for work.


On campus I wondered how I could possibly decorate Destiny's office when it would be vacated at 2:45 and she normally showed up at 3. Thankfully Tucker ran into me and agreed to help, and Rebekah later texted offering to help as well. I texted Destiny and we decided to meet in the Wilk at three (little did she know that was to keep her away from her office while we decorated!). Alex and Aubry both met up with us as well, and they were gracious enough to finish the decorating while I ran off to distract Destiny.

We had a fun time eating lunch together (Alex joined us as well). We said our goodbyes and parted ways. Alex had a class on the same floor as Destiny's office, and she texted me saying-"She saw and came and attacked me with a hug in class! Love it, so surprised! Has no idea about tonight :)".


Darci and I met up an hour later on campus, and stopped by Destiny's office to give her a hug before we headed home. Apparently she had earlier told Alex, "I work late tonight...so party at home without me". Mwhahahaha! Little did she know.

A little while after arriving home Darci and I went to pick up dinner at Panda Express (one of Destiny's favorites), and then swung by home again to pick up Aubry and head to campus. Together we had signed up for Destiny's ASL Lab for one hour and fifteen minutes. Rebekah had talked to her boss and received permission for us to both decorate the room and eat with her at work.

Alex had the first shift, and acted as if it was a normal session she had signed up for, just chatting with Destiny.

In the meantime, Aubry, Darci and I waited near the office for Rebekah to show up from her class. As 7 o'clock neared, Destiny left her office to see if another student was waiting to be helped. When I saw her I froze and then quickly ran away and motioned for Aubry and Darci to do likewise. Destiny, being confused, came out farther and saw both of them (she later described us as looking like deer frozen in front of car headlights) before Alex literally hauled her back into the office.


Rebekah showed up mere moments after that, and we all entered her office signing Happy Birthday. We then had a WONDERFUL time visiting with each other and eating dinner together. I feel so much love between all of us. You can tell that we genuinely care for each other, and it means so much to me.

Destiny was so touched. We could tell it meant a lot to her, which only increased our joy and gratitude for the opportunity to make someone we love so much so happy!

What a beautiful day it has been!!!

1 comment: